Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #46 Hiking Newton.

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 11:02:27 PST

On Thursday, January 27, 2005, at 08:30 AM, Clare Shepherd wrote:

> Gosh, it all works! now I really am impressed.
> I thought at first it was just a cosmetic custom job.

That's the goal. The world's most impressive GPS.

Everything attached cannot be "just for looks." It must be functional,
and fit within the parameters of the project as a whole, "The Lake
Tahoe Hiking Newton" and "How To Pack Your Newton."

Take, for instance, a 10-mile GMRS/NOAA 2-way radio...very useful when
hiking.

A Newton, on the other hand, not very useful when hiking...extra
weight. Unless, of course, it has a nice, easy access, carrying case
with a compass, 2-way radio, GPS software with topographical hiking
maps, a hiking journal, a trip planner, and, a portable library with
night time reading light.

When I saw the Camo cases come up on eBay, my imagination went wild and
I couldn't resist creating it. I knew it would be awesome to look at,
fun to photograph, and even more fantastic to use.

Ron

P.S. Please, no pink, no feather boa's. The Newton is a lizard, not a
Barbie ;-)

--
---