[NTLK] eMate & CF memory

From: mc (newt_at_cogans.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 10:30:42 PST

I'm just a newbie with my new (old) eMate(s), so be gentle!

Is there any way to use stock compact flash memory cards in my new
eMate, using a PCMCIA adapter? I have an adapter that is the right
"voltage" type -- at least according to what I know about the grooves
on the sides, but the eMate won't recognize the adapter/CF. Is there a
generic driver out there somewhere? Is there a limit to the SIZE of the
additional memory that the eMate can recognize (eg, CPU/bus limits on
memory addressing)? My smallest CF card is 32MB and that gave me the
same error as larger CF cards.

TIA! After lurking for a month or so, I have to say that this is a
great list, THANKS to the many patient Newt veterans who participate!!

Michael