Re: [NTLK] New possible candidate platform for einstein

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2005 - 13:22:58 PST

I guess I've got two statements here.
1) Palm bought BeOS and announced they were going to build in parts of
it in a next-gen OS, but that never happened, so IF they will do
something with MobileSoft is really kinda doubtful at this point (call
me skeptical...).

2) For me, the allure of the Newton is more the hardware/software
combination. The simplicity of the case design (no external buttons
except the power switch), the looooooong operating time using AA
batteries, and the huge screen (for a PDA) are all hardware things that
made me fall for the Newton.

So, basically what I'm trying to say is: Let me know if/when you dump
you're Newton stuff, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who will
keep the 'classic' MessagePad! =)

-Rick

P.S. - I'm well aware that, though a major breakthrough has been made
in porting the OS, a real implementation is a ways off. Has anybody
done a pole about new hardware/old hardware?