Re: [NTLK] Notephone

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 08:27:33 PST

I do not have a picture at hand, but maybe the following simple graphic will
make it more clear:
If you consider the following:
pins on the western plug 1 2 3 4
wires on the cable a b c d and the two lines you need are b & c in the US
and a & d in Germany

normal (US) configuration is:
  o o
1 2 3 4
a b c d

the german standard configuration is:
o o
1 2 3 4
a b c d

You see, the telephone lines are the outer ones.

In order to make the german pinout fit to the US,
take b and c (US telephone lines, standard in the middle)
and wire them to 1 and 4 on the connector.
You can even cut a and d to avoid crossing wires inside the connector.

HTH
Cheers
Johannes