Re: [NTLK] Lost NCU's I think??

From: gmoody_at_gmx.net
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 12:48:48 PST

Hi Larry,

NCU (Newton Connection Utility) is PC or Mac-based software that allows
connection to the Newton=2E The program on the Newton side is the "Dock" =
app=2E

Typically, you connect the Newton to the desktop or laptop via a serial
cable=2E Where serial ports do not exist, only USB ports, you can use a
Keyspan or Belkin USB to serial adapter=2E Mac-based NCU can use Appletal=
or ethernet to connect=2E PCs are serial-only=2E

NCU allows you to install packages, sync to desktop applications, up and
download RTF documents, etc=2E

NCU does NOT exist on the Newton side, only the companion DOCK app=2E

HTH,

Regards,

Gary