Re: [NTLK] BluePrint Blog

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 09:16:37 PST

Hello Dr. Jerry:
I want to compliment you on your dedication and hard work, in educating the
general Newton public about the BluePrint software application. The blog site
looks really great, and it's easy to read and digest the information that you
have presented.

I take it that you've experimented with the software's features quite a bit?
There really isn't any way to transfer data to other devices? Hmmm... I wonder
if the developers are still around? Have you tried researching the original
company, to see if you could contact the developers? I've had pretty decent
luck (wink) at tracking down folks and persuading them to make their software
publicly available for the NWC. It might be worthwhile to start with whatever
contacts might be mentioned in the 'Read Me' file (If there is such a file), and
then conduct an internet search based on those clues. Is 'BluePrint' freely
available via UNNA?

Here's a possible thought for developers out there. Nearly every Newton app
has a 'Print' feature. Would it be possible to send the print command to Adobe
Acrobat Distiller, the way Microsoft Word can? If the Newton could print to
Adobe Acrobat Distiller or some other file type, it might help to overcome the
difficulty of getting data across the void.

Warmest regards,

Matt K.

PS I'm very interested in 'visual' tools for the Newton. AvailWorks is the
only real 'full feature' Newton desktop publishing application. Vea is kind of
like Visio for the Newton, allowing one to drag and drop image templates onto a
drawing area of the screen. I have the original teeny-tiny manual for the
AvilWorks program, and I hope to eventually figure out how to get it onto the
Newton, or at least, a decent .PDF file. Please give these programs a try!