Re: [NTLK] DC Metro NUG January Meeting

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 14:53:38 PST

  Meeting this week!

> Thur., Jan 13, 2005, 9:00 pm
> Buster and Dave's at White Flint Mall
> in Kensington, MD.
>
> See:
>
> http://newton.meetup.com/3/
>
> for more info.
>
> I'd like to propose that this month we focus on wireless networking and
> web browsers for the Newton. I recently got a wifi card and would like
> to share my (limited) experience so far and hopefully learn from
> others.
>
> So far, no one has RSVPed. I'm hoping that proposing a topic might
> inspire others to join us. If no one RSVPs, then the meeting will
> probably be cancaled. So if you plan to attend, PLEASE RSVP at the
> URL above. If you register as a member, you will get notifications
> of meetings and disucssion board activity.
>
> This group has a standing meeting for the second Thursday of each
> month. Dave Abramowitz, of the Green Light Go PodCast fame, is the
> organizer. Dave and I got together once, but due to appearent lack of
> interest, the last few meetings have been cancaled.
>
> If there is anything we can do to make it more accessible/enticing,
> please post a message on the group's Meetup.com message board. Meeting
> day, time, frequency, topics, whatever.
>
> Thanks!

Well, for me, I think the greatest obstacle is going to be the time
required to make the trip, specially with the traffic at the time of the
meeting. Coming from Northern Virginia, that's quite a trip on the Beltway
to get to Dave & Busters'. I have very limited time and so the added trip
makes it impossible for me. Also, I have many hockey games on Thursdays so
that's a no-no as well...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA