Re: [NTLK] Modem to Modem on OSX

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 14:17:08 PST

See
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MODEMtoMODEM>
for a discussion of modem to modem connection.
to the best of my knowledge there is no way to connect to the Mac
without some connection package running such as NCU or NBU which
require Classic or OS 9 or earlier. Or NewTen which requires a serial
connection or Escale that requires some packages to already be
installed on the Newt.
You may also want to look at the Newbie guide on wikiwikinewt
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/NewtonNewbieGuide>
There is also a card lending program offered by Paul Curtis that may be
helpful.
Have you asked the vender that sold you the Newt for assistance?
Woody