Re: [NTLK] PDA recommendations?

From: Raj Patel (phigmov_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 12:15:23 PST

I'd get a Palm - they have a range of models to suit most budgets.
Unless you need bleeding edge tech (bluetooth/wireless) chances are
you could pickup a cheap used one on eBay (m515 or Zire71 would be a
good intro).

The big pro's are that they're small, simple, run for longer than most
pocketpc's on a charge and they do the basics pretty well. They still
lack the cool information sharing 'smarts' of the Newt but what other
device has this anyway ?

I use my m515 as a basic alarm, calendar, address book and rss reader
(via Plucker/Sunrise/jPluck). I have an old m100 that I use for
similar tasks in places where I wouldn't want to lose my main PDA (eg
hiking) and it runs forever on a pair of AAA's w/ a backlight.

Haven't managed to get iSync to work with it on my Mac but the Palm
Sync stuff works fine on my Mac and PC.

Good luck!