Re: [NTLK] Ping utility

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2005 - 08:38:42 PST

Ah so...

"Indeed for ping. Actually, there is an interface with Lantern, so one=20
can send and receive whatever one wants thru the ethernet card=20
(within NewtonScript of C++). But I wonder how one can actually do=20
ICMP using NIE.

For nslookup/dig, there is a NS client implemented in the Newton, but=20
it doesn't do as many things as nslookup provides. However, NIE=20
provides full support to UDP, so it won't be hard to have a correct=20
nslookup/dig-like utility using either TCP or UDP."

    This is a very vague answer. I get the impression from what is said
here that Lantern and NSlookup are development tools.. or not your
typical applications?

Greg Goodwin