[NTLK] MadMax always returning http error 404

From: Josef Jahn (werewolf_at_playspoon.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 15:45:23 PST

Hi list,

I have a problem with MadMax and nHttpLib on my 2100 - I get a http 404
error everytime I try to play a shoutcast stream. Internet connectivity
works fine (browsing, email, you name it) and I can even download stuff
directly into my inbox using nhttplib, but *every* attempt to play a
stream fails with a 404 file not found error. I tried using URLs to
.m3u, .pls and also urls that point directly to the stream. Everything
works in Winamp, but doesn't in MadMax. I even tried the various streams
mentioned on this list, one radio station geared towards newton users,
nothing.

For example, this is a stream URL that works in Winamp but returns 404
in MadMax: http://server1.somafm.com:8066/
It doesn't matter whether I have a trailing slash or not. I also tried
reinstalling nhttplib.pkg, MadMax.pkg and MP3Codec.pkg - and of course
the obligatory reset too. Still no joy.

I'd be grateful for ANY clues or help.

regards,
Josef