Re: [NTLK] [OT] gmail invites

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 12:30:04 PST

* DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net> [ 4 Jan 2005 00:07]:
> Bear with me, y'all, I'm not actively trying to be a prick, but --
>
> What's gmail good for besides the usual free mail offer?

1) Google-powered search of your email (for those who save all their
   email but can never find an old message)
2) A better than average webmail interface (from what I've seen and
   heard; I don't have a gmail account myself)
3) It's invitation-only, so it must be desireable
4) It's Google.

#3 and 4 seem to be enough for some people. Personally I prefer mutt,
with as much storage as I want to buy hard drives for, and limits on size
and number of attachments determined by the RFC instead of the provider.
But not everybody can (or wants to) run their own mail server :-)

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy www.write-on.org ~ Discuss the art and craft of writing
 That's the problem with world domination. Nobody is willing to wait for