Re: [NTLK] Wifi Loaner Cards

From: Vaughn Corden (vaughn_at_corden.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 12:45:07 PST

On Jan 3, 2005, at 12:26 PM, Robert Serna wrote:

> On Monday, January 3, 2005 at 11:02 Vaughn Corden wrote:
>
>> Maybe I'll have to do
>> another brain wipe to sort the DNS thing, particularly if I don't have
>> quite the right combination of packages for my card
> --------------------
> Have you tried just leaving the setup on your wireless card to the
> default =
> settings?
> Robert

Well, no... The default setup was Infrastructure mode, Channel 1
(ignored), and a blank SSID. Don't I need to enter the SSID.

Actually, as I look at this the Channel 1 thing looks like a culprit.
My wireless network is two Airport Base stations using WDS on Channel
11. Should I switch my Base Stations to Channel 1?

- Vaughn