Re: [NTLK] New, But Getting Frustrated, Newton User

From: Vaughn Corden (vaughn_at_corden.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 12:08:02 PST

On Jan 3, 2005, at 11:43 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:

>>> If you can disable WEP altogether until you get it working that is
>>> good. Besides, The Bronze card doesn't support WEP at all...
>>
>> I hear you loud and clear and your experience obviously trumps
>> everything, but in the Setup window (or Slip, I should say...) there
>> is
>> a checkbox for "Use WEP."
>>
>> But I will try first with WEP off.

Okay, so I was too impatient to wait...

I turned off WEP at my Base Station, but I'm still getting DNS errors.
When I did my recent brain wipe and reinstall I did not install the
Ethernet package in the particular order as spelled out by Paul Curtis.
Do you think that my out of order Ethernet install might have something
to do with it? On the one hand I'd hate to do another brain wipe, but
then I learn a little something about the system each time I do it..
Since I have virtually no data on the device, it's not a huge deal.

- Vaughn