Re: [NTLK] New, But Getting Frustrated, Newton User

From: Vaughn Corden (vaughn_at_corden.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 10:49:36 PST

On Jan 3, 2005, at 5:42 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> It was recently mentioned that Now! Up to Date will only sync to Now!
> v3.9.
> v4.0 or higher are no longer supported.

I did note that, but I was hoping that there was another solution. I've
downloaded v3.9 and I'll try that and see if can communicate with my
Now server and have it act as the conduit I need. I'm fortunate in that
I have several Macs and I can dedicate a machine to this sort of
troubleshooting and testing

> Most routers will do DNS forwarding, so try setting the DNS server on
> the
> Newton to the same internal IP address as your router / gateway.

Tried that, but still no go. I've used NetHopper and Newt's Cape. I'll
try Courier next, but I have a feeling that I'll get the same error. Is
there a utility that I can use to try and ping one of my internal IPs
for troubleshooting?

Thanks, Victor for the suggestions and links. Very helpful.

- Vaughn