Re: [NTLK] Mac to Newton question

From: Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail (izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 04:11:27 PST

On Jan 3, 2005, at 3:46 AM, Woody Smith wrote:

Note: this is being done on a duodock running System 7.5.3

> If what you want is an unfilled note you should be able to achieve this
> by saving the file as text or RTF though I believe that all RTF files
> are not the same. I am able to import RTF files created with Claris
> Works 5 to either Newton Works or Notes.

I will install Claris Works, an old version I picked up for free on
some website and copy the text to Clasris Works and save a Claris Works
RTF document and try again. Losing sleep and time over this, ohhhh.

> If you are having difficulties with this part of NCU but Installs,
> Keyboard and Backups are OK, I would reinstall NCU. Another problem
> with NCU is insufficient memory, the suggested size is 4 MG try 8MG or
> more.

I had already given NCU 8MB, thanks for the tip though.

> Newton Press may offer useful system extensions (and is worth
> installing and using) but the application is for making Newton Books
> and would not be useful for transferring back to the Mac.

No I wouldn't want to go the Newton Books way as it may be cause me
more grief, I really just ned an unfiled note. From there I will
connect the Newton to the emac and use NewtSync and MacJournal to get
the note and print, hopefully, ClarisWorks will clear things up.

> Finally the Newton is not always clear about the problem, Does your
> selected memory card have enough space?

I have 40MB external and more then enough internally.

> keep us posted

I will. Thank you Woody and all who have helped