Re: [NTLK] Help with Pico Bluetooth & Blunt

From: rob.johnstone_at_aanet.com.au
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 18:08:59 PST

D,

I am tremulous at the thought. Although it strikes me as being incredibly
apt that I test 'The complete Moron's Manual (TM) for the Bluetooth
Setup'!

So my answer is 'yes' - I'm prepaired to make you happy - as long as I'm
testing and verifying and don't have to take it up to wicki to make you
even happier. ;)

As a sideline: I'm at work now, but will try pairing from the Mac tonight
- from memory, it only finds the Newton when I have the Newton actively
looking for files to download...

Cheers,

Robbie

> Robbie,
>
> have you paired the Newton's card with the desktop thing's card (is=20
that a Mac)? If not, initialize pairing from the Mac and see what=20
happens then and if things work better for you after that. Too bad we=20
don't have a Complete Moron's Manual (TM) for the Bluetooth setup...

> You may want to document every step and change you do so you can undo=20
'em or see where something when right/wrong (also makes a nice start=20
for a BT setup walkthrough for the Wiki). -- Actually, I'd started to=20
write something, noting down everything I'd done and all that good=20
stuff, but never got to completing that project, then deleting=20
everything and trying to reproduce the functionality by following my=20
manual... So whatever I have is unwarranted and untested and not save=20
for children under 4 yrs or the road or whoever comes first, and I=20
won't be able to work with it for quite some time to come, if ever.
> Robbie, if you promise to complete my life's work and make an =
> old man=20
> very happy, then I'd up it to the Wiki and leave it to you to test,=20
complete and verify the whole thing. What do you say - deal?