Re: [NTLK] Win 95 network...

From: Richard Dove (richard_at_richarddove.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 11:32:53 PST

Thanks for the reply, David, you are most likely right but I have seen a
'DCHP can't get IP address' warning with one of my WIN95 configurations.
Anyway the 2.4gig, XP home, does not 'see' the Newton either and this is the
'router' for the broadband connection.
 I can climb Mount Everest, sail round the world single handed and get a
better Mensa score than George W, if I wanted to; but can I get a PC with
WIN95 to network with a Newton 2100?
Seriously, I use the 'old laptop', which runs my amateur radio equipment and
programmes, to run NCU, faultlessly. I bought the 3 com PCMCIA network card,
an 'approved' one, to see if I could make a network connection. Tomorrow I
will be the proud owner of an Apple 145b machine, my first 'contact' with
Apple OS so that should be fun. Anyway, if anyone has the 'formula' for the
network, I am trying to achieve, please let me know. If not I will play with
the Newton 2100 and the 145b to see if they will 'talk' to each other,
after all it is the same family, so to speak.

Regards to all.