Re: [NTLK] ethernet pb

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 05:27:43 PST

Aux environs du 23/02/05 à 14:21 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
ethernet pb", Philippe Godin prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire les
mots suivants:
>In fact, if I setup the airport extreme base as
>appletalk, and connect the newt on the ethernet port
>of the base, every thing work.
>
>If I setup the appletalk on the built in ethernet,
>Escale do'nt see appletalk.
>
>I have the farallon driver and the patch, and I could
>connect internet with the card. My thought is a
>misconfiguration of the mac,but I do'nt see where.

The farallon driver suggestion is only to fix the 61001 bug.
As far as AppleTalk and Airport Extreme are concerned, the problem is
(very likely) on Apple's side, between MacOS X and the Airport
Extreme base station.

This is a naughty bug we never got them to fix. The workaround is to
set your airport card in promiscuous mode by doing

sudo tcpdump -i en1 > /dev/null

This bug is documented in Escale User's guide. We used a DTS to get
it fixed, but Apple didn't fix it and refunded the DTS.

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.