Re: [NTLK] AIM on Newton?

From: Meyer, Steve (MeyerSt_at_uwstout.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 14:57:06 PST

Most likely your problem has to do with the port being blocked on the
router at your location. Jabber uses port 5222. I am not able to use
Newton IM via wireless at the University I work at (they block 5222) but
I can use it at home with my Linksys router (Charter Communications is
my carrier). I can also use it at a coffeehouse that uses a Linksys
router (Yahoo/SBC DSL service). I can also use it over dialup.

Hope this helps....

Steve