Re: [NTLK] Einstein Emulator on the Zaurus

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2005 - 10:26:13 PST

Aux environs du 22/02/05 à 16:39 +0100, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Einstein Emulator on the Zaurus", Robert Benschop prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Now I never wished that I had a Zaurus before but suddenly I feel this
>strange urge to run out and get one.

I would rather wait, if I were you, before getting a Zaurus.
For example, the Einstein environment doesn't include a way to access
networks (Internet & AppleTalk). Considering that with a 1.8 GHz G5,
you currently get something half as fast as the MP2100, emulation on
an arm-based PDA will be very slow.

BTW, the binary on my website might work on other little-endian
arm-based linux PDAs (such as iPaq?). It works with qemu-arm, I am
not able to test it with anything else.

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.