Re: [NTLK] RS232 Prolific Driver

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 16:22:20 PST

Hi Brad,

i noticed your same problem today.
I installed the prolific driver v.1.0.8 in a fresh newly installed OS X
10.3.7 on my new laptop.
I had the serial extension in the sistem library folder, but no loading
of the driver nor network port available.

So i started a deep search, but i was luck, and found what i need at
the prolific home page....
A package D/L which did the trick is to the link:
http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_filebrw.asp
[To D/L the right file, just refine research on 'Drivers for MacOS',
then find and D/L the file called "md_pl2303hx_v108b4.zip"]

I previously downloaded and installed all the other related versions of
the prolific driver available in the page descripted above, without any
success.

Please let me know about your experience.

Adriano