Re: [NTLK] RS232 Prolific Driver

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2005 - 02:58:54 PST

OK, my USB serial driver is the same chip set (maybe the same make -
NEWlink USB Serial Adaptor?) and I dot it working under OS9 by putting
the extension called PL2303 driver in the OS9 extensions folder. For X,
i downloaded an installer packsge called
"ProlificUSBSerialOSX1.0.6.pkg" form somewhere (a quick google shows up
this
http://homepage.mac.com/davidemm/vx4400/ProlificUSBSerialOSX1.0.6.sit
but I don't know if it'll work), this works, but sometimes it fails to
connect in NewTen. I have not got this working with Escale, although I
have with NewtSync. I now use Wi-Fi, so I don't use it much anymore,
but I am (slowly) creating a mouse driver for the newton with it
(testing the mouse and seeing what it does, I now know exactly how the
mouse works, but I need to write a newton app that recognises then and
turns them into movements for an on screen pointer).

When it does work, it shows up as cu.usbserial0

Hope that helps

cheers

Adam