Re: [NTLK] Internet Setup for Bluetooth and a Cell Phone

From: Craig Smith (smith_at_west.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 23:40:27 PST

Marty,
I have an Ericsson T39m phone. I followed the steps in the link for
the login script. It gets to "CONNECT" and then does nothing and
eventually times out. I thought there should be someplace where I enter
the phone number of my ISP for my cell phone to dial. (Much like the
infrared modem port on the Powerbook laptop) But there is no option to
do so. Also, I'm not familiar with GPRS setups.

Craig Smith

> Can anyone walk me through, or point me to where I might find out, how
> to connect to to the Internet using a bluetooth card and a cell phone?
> I've downloaded the Blunt package and installed it and successfully
> paired my Newton with my cell phone. I tried setting up a new serial
> Internet connection but am stumped when I get to the login script.
>

>>What type of phone are you using? Generally you just create a new
>>internet setup that uses BT, and issue the command that tells the
phone
>>to connect.

>>Sounds simple huh?
>>Below is the link that helped me to get going, although my connection
>>remains erratic due to the echo packets problem already mentioned.

>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=102875729817763&w=2

>>This description is for a serial setup, but the commands are the
same.