Re: [NTLK] problem

From: Jeff Henry (j3ff_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 00:04:34 PST

> right well good news everyone! knowledgenavigator has very pleasantly
> come to an agreement with me whereby we both give each other good
> feedback and I dont have to pay a penny!

I would personally prefer to not leave feedback at all as if you leave
positive others will continue to think he is ok. Maybe if you leave positive
but carefuly word what you say in the feedback to warn others.

> after i offered to pay his listing fee, he emailed me saying it was
> something like $8 in all which i thought would be ok to pay, but it
> turns out all we have to do is both mutually agree to 'sign' a
> non-paying bidder agreement. apparentl the listing fee came to such a
> small price it would have been pointless my paying it as the paypal fee
> would have negated it...or something lol

You could have just avoided all of this if you would have simply retracted
your bid. I know thats what I would have done if after I bid on something I
found out that the seller was probably shady. Of course when I ebay I do
check feedbacks and even look at the sellers other items before I bid I will
even go so far as to see if someone else has the same item and check them
out. It really depends on the item for me.

> Either way, I think this has turned out well for everyone!

Not if others still get screwed by this seller. I really do not know how he
works as I have never dealt with him. The only issue I really have which
doesnt really matter anyway was his copy of the ser001. I just find it kind
of cheap that one person makes something real good and another copys it and
sells it. I will say that his emate replacement cable is a good thing for
the newton community except that it probably would cost someone way to much
for shipping/etc as we have seen from the complaints on this list.
And as someone else has said...
HI FERDI!
In other words most of us know that he monitors this list in some shape or
form but will not say a word in here. He will just send you a flaming email.