[NTLK] [OT] Spammers [WAS RE: Replacement GREEN backlights [WAS Re: High Quality

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 07:53:26 PST

        I'm one of the founders of a small non-profit that had our URL
snatched under strange circumstances (and when someone with Network
Solutions says you could successfully sue, trust me it's a strange
circumstance) by a German porn site that downloads crap instantly into
your computer if you click on any of their graphics--fortunately I was
using my PowerBook in case something like this happened. (And before
all the cheap comments about clicking on porn start, I wanted to see
what would happen to anyone looking for us at our former URL.) When
the president of our group e-mailed the new domain owner to ask if we
could buy the URL back his e-mail address (which he'd created specially
for the occasion) was instantly sold to spammers.

On Feb 16, 2005, at 5:29 AM, Calvin wrote:

> I sent the "new owner" an email, but no reply yet. I don't think they
> were looking for Adago.net specifically, but they might have grabbed
> it in order to re-sell to me at a much higher price. I think this
> happens a good bit these days.

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net