Re: [NTLK] Strange Google Find

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 09:11:04 PST

At 08:43 AM 2005-02-15, you wrote:
>While searching google for examples of Newton scroll bars, I came
>across this page from the U.S. Health and Human Services website with
>some odd screenshots (scroll down the page a little): What's weird is
>that the screenshots show the Newtons being used in 2003.

I particularly like (not) the way that they have buttons to scroll instead
of using the built in scrollers.

<Install user hat> Hmmm, why is this scroller different than the system
scroller? I had better not touch that system scroller, it might not give me
the results I am hoping for. Too bad though, the system scrollers are nice
and big and these things are too short to hit reliably.

Human interface research be damned, developers know better :-)

Andrei