Re: [NTLK] Can the Newton measure room temperature?

From: Ian (isoboroff_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 17:21:32 PST

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 01:29:10 -0800 (PST), Yanni Malliaris
<malliaris_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> You are super Ian many thanks. Can you also tell me
> whether other pdas than newton (palm-pocket pc) have
> the ability to record temperature?

I can't speak to Pocket PC. No Palm has a built-in thermometer. The
connector on most Palms is essentially a serial port (with other lines
for power, etc), so it's not hard to connect a digital thermometer
which has a serial output. (Some Palms, such as the Tungsten E, have
a USB port, but I don't know if they act as the device or the
controller.)

Ian