Re: [NTLK] Newton at Starbucks

From: Craig Smith (smith_at_west.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 08:34:02 PST

You're not doing anything wrong. Connecting at T-Mobile Hotspots such
as Starbucks requires a "modern" webbrowser, one that permits use of
"secure" websites so they can accept your credit card number and charge
you for connecting. There is no such browser for the Newton to my
knowledge. I have had pretty good luck using my Newton to connect in
coffee shops that have free WiFi and don't require you enter credit
card info to connect. I've even successfully connected with my Newton
and gotten my e-mail in two of the Los Angeles area Apple stores.

Craig Smith
www.lawschoolhelp.com