Re: [NTLK] Oddest use

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 23:00:14 PST

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 10:21:19PM -0800, Michael Grauer wrote:
> What has been the oddest use of a newton or emate you have seen?

As a UFO. I tripped on my roller blades last Saturday and sent my Newton
(equipped with a Fortuna GPS card) flying into the air. Fortunately it
survived the impact against concrete outside of a coffee shop.

Other than that, I used to sketch models in my life drawing classes and
made printouts to put in my notebooks. There's some amazing life studies
online somewhere by a Japanese woman. Blew my mind that they were even
done on a Newton.

I've also used my Newton to play radio-moonbounce sounds for a talk at the
local observatory.

-Jeff