Re: [NTLK] NewtSync difficulty

From: Larry Young (saillar_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 19:38:24 PST

Me too, I tried using Nytsync and was able to save my notes but when it
came to my
address book on my mac, it duplicated entries, created new entries
with existing names
and took a long time to delete, did it twice, created names again.It
never added any names to
my Newton. I have been reading intently about the Einstein Project
desktop emulator but don't
understand what exactly it does. Will it help with syncing or any of
the other process'. People are
excited about it but I don't understand why. I understand that it is
for moving the Newton over to
another platform but why would I be interested yet?

I read where Palm Desktop using Claris organizer is the best way to
Sync the Address book, calendar,
and notes. I downloaded the Palm software but it's greek to me. Maybe I
have to spend a few more weekends
trying to make it work. Anyone using this method and does it work well?
Is the set up simple and I'm just not getting it?

I use my Newton a lot for my business and lost my information once and
really want to save it to my mac.

Larry Young