[NTLK] Newton question if I may?

From: harmony_at_the-wire.com
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 20:14:44 PST

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>, wrote
(Re: [NTLK] Sending a package from one Newton to another):

Get the "Newton DIL tester" (aka newton data browser) from here:
http://www.tempel.org/newton/#DILplugin it works fine for me with an
original powerbook g3 (kanga) in os 9.

J Tyler Nichols

> Does anybody succeed to do an iRDA transfer on a 2100 from a MacOS=20
> 9.2.2 Macintosh ?

Hi James,
Saw your answer to the question above, and wondered if you or anyone
else might have some insight into a strange problem I'm having?

1) G3 lombard, Os 9.2.1,
2) Newton 2000
3) 3Com 3CXE589ET XJACK Ethernet card (the Newton recognizes it when
it is inserted- a window pops up with Megahertz 589E in it)
4) Newton Connection 2.0 on the Laptop.
5) however whenever I try to connect, on the laptop I get "could not
Initialize the network connection because an error has occurred
(58)", and on the Newton It keeps searching for a Mac Os computer but
cannot find the Mac.

You or anyone have any insights or suggestions?

Thanks
Dale