Re: [NTLK] [OT] Programmer's Revenge

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 10:40:09 PST

> On Nov 28, 2004, at 2:44 PM, Dan wrote:
>> David Abramowitz wrote:
>>> With all that's happened lately in this group with newtSync, and
>>> DCL, I
>>> thought you guys might appreciate some formal revenge by one
>>> particular
>>> programmer. Have fun - many of us can relate, no doubt.
>>>
>>> http://www.leftcorner.com/swg/ff/ff6.htm
>>>
>>> - Dave
>>>
>> Hi all,
>> I was archving/cleaning my old messages and I realized I never checked
>> out this site. But when I went today it seems that it was removed due
>> to copyright infringement:
>>
>> *begin quote*
>> This page has been removed from the server.
>>
>> Lucas Arts legal contacted my ISP, my ISP sent me this:
>>
>> Dear Intermedia.NET customer:
>>
>> Intermedia.NET has received notice of alleged infringement in
>> connection
>> with your Intermedia.NET account for the website located at
>> www.leftcorner.com, specifically
>> http://www.leftcorner.com/swg/ff/ff6.htm.
>> *end quote*
>>
>> Now I wish I went and looked when I had the chance. Must have been
>> good
>> for it to be pulled that quick.

   What was here? Does anyone have a copy made before the DMCA reared
it's very ugly head.. The internet archive either can't search down to
within directories of servers (it finds a great deal for
http://www.leftcorner.com/, but not http://www.leftcorner.com/swg/), or
they were threatened too, and removed as per the "Safe Harbor"
provision..

   From the directory name - I assume it was a flash file of some sort?

<grumble>
Jim Witte