Re: [NTLK] PICO Bluetooth Card

From: Brian Clark (bmc205_at_agsci.win.psu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 22:27:16 PST

        Thanks everyone for all the offers to either sell me a PICO card or
buy one for me on ebay.de and ship it to me.....I greatly appreciate
the help. I haven't yet decided what offer I am going to take, but I
will be in touch with one of you that offered.

> Now I just
> need to figure out how to run pppd over BT for using Escale or
> NewtSync. I've seen a lot of tools for configuring TCPIP sharing over
> BT that routes from airport or built in Ethernet but really all I want
> to do is establish a link between my 12" PB G4 and my Newt, not
> necessarily surf over BT with the newt

This is exactly what I want to do with bluetooth on the
Newton....however I was under the impression that people had already
done it. I already have a Lucent card for Wi-Fi internet access....Is
it possible to pair a Newton with OS X and install packages, transfer
data, etc.? Also, has anyone had any success printing from the Newton
over bluetooth?

Thanks!
Brian