Re: [NTLK] PICO Bluetooth Card

From: vinnewt_at_mac.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 18:26:46 PST

On Thursday, February 10, 2005, at 11:21PM, Brian Clark <bmc205_at_psu.edu> wrote:

>Hi All,
> I am looking to use bluetooth with my Newton and have seen that the
>PICO card will work with the Blunt drivers from 40hz.org. First
>question, have people had good experiences with using this hardware and
>software?

I use the AmbiCom BT2000-CF Bluetooth Compact Flash Card with PC Card Adapter in my 2100 and it works great with the Blunt driver. I got the card at CompUSA for $70 (which seems to me way too much, since my USB Bluetooth adapter only cost me $25). Maybe you can find it somewhere else for less.

You can get the card here:
http://tinyurl.com/6ttnm

The AmbiCom card pairs up my Newt just fine with my Mac and my Sony/Ericsson T616 cell phone. The Blunt driver has worked flawlessly for me.

Best regards,
- Vince