Re: [NTLK] Another Batch

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 04:26:13 PST

On 11-feb-05, at 6:23, Nathan McDaniel wrote:
> 1.) When I bought my MP2100 from eBay, the seller noted that the
> battery pack" doesn't hold a charge well". At first, all was well, but
> lately, I've noticed that I charge it every night for eight hours. Do
> I have a problem?

Not really, just a degrading pack. You can rebuld it, there's people on
the list that can rebuild it for you, or you can get a battery sled.

> 2.) The alt.rec package to improve the HWR caused my Newton to crash
> nearly as much as a Windows box. O.o So I deleted it. Has anyone else
> had that problem? By the way, I narrowed it down by freezing
> extensions one-by-one, if that helps.

alt.rec works fine if you're Newton is set to Printing, not when it's
wet to Cursive. I'm pretty sure it has this info on the website/ReadMe
(is there one?)

> 3.) Has anyone figured out how to connect an MP2100 to an MP130
> through a modem ? I don't have a suitable serial cable, and beaming is
> too unreliable.

Sorry, don't know but don't think so.

> 4.) While I'm at it, I've noticed two tiny red LED's that blink On and
> off inside the irDA window. Are they stock? Did a previous owner
> install them? Or do I just see IR? Well, my TV remote doesn't blink,
> so that's right out.

No idea.

Robert Benschop