Re: [NTLK] [ANN] New Newton Programming Group!

From: Puckdropper (puckdropper_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 18:06:02 PST

--- Thierry Loiseau <loiseauthierry_at_free.fr> wrote:

> Hi everybody !

*snip*

> To discuss, I prefer Newton-FR mailing-list...
> because my english writen
> is no so perfect... and english read no more !
>
> :-(

I don't know how much translation programs have
improved, but I usually ask people who don't speak
english well to post the original thing they want to
say (in their native language) as well as a
translation done by a translater. With much work on
both sides, you can usually understand the basic idea
of what someone is saying. (Just my opinion based on
a few experiences.)

> My remark : there is already on usenet a newsgroup
> about Programming on
> Newton, no ?
>
> comp.sys.newton.programmer
>
> So, the number of messages is very very very low
>
> :-((

comp.sys.newton.programmer does exist, but the most
recent 10 messages or so have been spam. The other
problem with newsgroups is not everyone reads them or
has access to read them. When I'm at the college, I
cannot check the newsgroups because I'm not
authenticated through my ISP at home. I can get to
Yahoo! from anywhere with internet access.

I will have to see if Yahoo! allows non Yahoo! users
to join their new(ish) groups. It may be like
newtontalk where you only need an email addy.

Puckdropper