Re: [NTLK] Emate Batteries

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 20:26:49 PST

Hi Bob,

Try the following.
-Unplug the eMate (remove adapter)
-Remove PC Card (if you have anything installed)
-Remove ROM PCB
-Remove Memory Upgrade PCB (if you have it)
-Remove Battery

-Now re seat the ROM PCB back into your eMate
-Plug in the A/C Adapter into your eMate and wait for it to turn on
-If it doesn't turn on press the reset button

Now generally this should bring most eMate I've dealt with that had a
problem back to life unless it was more severe.

Now it is more severe you may need to do a Hard Reset
or
Flush the Flash RAM by inserting a MP2x00 ROM PCB
Both these steps will destroy all data but have gotten me out of a
corner when the eMate seemed to go south and did not want to surface..

Hopefully you have a backup somewhere.

Give us a report if it does show life.
Does your eMate have the memory upgrade?
I would suggest you pop the battery out and remove the memory PCB if you have it

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung