Re: [NTLK] Wi-Fi connection to OS9 NCU

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 23:18:10 PST

On Feb 3, 2005, at 5:10 PM, Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> If you have a Airport Graphite base station, then you can upgrade it
>> 128 bit WEP for free!
>
> You speaking of switching the Silver for a Gold or updating the Silver
> to a Gold?
> If you have any go instructional links please post them as I'd like
> to do this for my Graphite ABS to connect my Newt.
> I'm on a XP and OSX (now) but would need basic help on the Mac as I'm
> a newbie in regards to that. :)

I am speaking of updating the firmware of the WaveLAN Silver card
inside the Airport graphite base station, so it becomes a WaveLAN Gold
card. Then you can use an open source JAVA program to configure the
Airport base station for 128 bit WEP.

I am working on instructions for doing the firmware update, and I hope
to have a web site up soon that includes all the instruction,
screenshots and software needed.

I use OS X too, but the firmware update procedure I use needs to be
done on a Windows XP (maybe pre-SP2?) laptop.

Write me off-list if you need or want my rough draft version
immediately.