Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 - nominal operational power drain?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 11:39:11 PST

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:52:51 -0500, Tim Skrastins <timskrastins_at_mac.com> wrote:
> batteries when I feel it's prudent. It seems that they show up as a
> low% charged for a long time so I'm guessing they challenge the
> accuracy of the battery gauge and may have a lot more left in them when
> I swap out.

Okay, I'm not too sure how accurate it is but there is a add-on
originally from www.logictools.de called Nick's Soft Charge... after
installation it is accessible from the Prefs - You can then select the
battery type...to NiMH.... I'm not sure what the accuracy is but is
does a good job telling you how much charge is left. I think though if
we had the NTK project that someone needs to adjust it to properly
reflect the correct capacity as it was developed when we had 1900 or
1950mAh NiMH cells..

But other than not being able to show the true full capacity it does
it job well.

> $15 is too much for 2300 mAH Energizers. Go to Target or Walmart and
> pick up the 2500 mAH ones for $10 in a 4 pack. I've heard $17-18 for an

Hey, when did the 2500mAh start showing up... I'm only finding 2400mAh.
Please give me a SKU Number and I'll check my local Target or Walmart... thanks!

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung