[NTLK] Newton-to-cell-phone connection

From: Melissa Mintel (melissamintel_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 09:51:58 PST

Hello everyone,

Mark Jozaitis replied that he had a PCMCIA Modem Card hooked
up to a cell phone, though another member had reminded him
that that could not be done.

So, does that mean that it is impossible to connect a Newton to
a cellphone nowadays? Back when I bought my 2000 in 1997,
it was possible, and I'd love to be able to do so now that I've
brought my Newton back to life.

If it *can* be done, where would I find the appropriate cable?

Thanks!

Melissa

(Clare and Rhonda, there are at least *three* of us!)