Re: [NTLK] OT semi - Clone OS 9

From: Newton (newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 09:38:30 PST

> Hi I'm sorry for the OT semi posting but I'm trying to figure
> out how to Clone an OS 9 Wallstreet 2GB to a larger drive.
> This is my primary Newton connection site so I need to get
> this done rightaway as a backup and as a way to clone the
> drive to a larger hard drive such as a 6GB or 20GB if possible..
I had exactly the same issue, but with a PB3400. But since I had enough Macs
at home with enough additional HD space (external SCSI enclosures with
Raided HDs) I was able to copy the important data via ethernet. The MacOS
I've then reinstalled from scratch with the bigger HD mounted into the
PB3400 and finally I've copied the data back only. You could copy your "old"
system folder back onto the new HD too but with renamed folder. Later you
could switch from freshly installed system folder to the old. To make shure
everything is working you would finally have to start each application at
least once, especially all those big beasts and make shure that none misses
a driver. It would be only programs which use external devices like cameras,
scanners or the like. MS-Office will re-install it's .dll's (yes there's
dlls on the Mac! But only from MS :-P

Marco