Re: [NTLK] stealth serial port for macs with internal modems

From: David Schlachter (davids_newton_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 15:16:23 PST

I actually have one installed in my blue & white G3, and I use it for
connecting to my Newtons. With Mac OS X native programs like NewtTen,
Escale, or even NewtSync it works fine, and I can install packages and
such. Unfortunately, Newton Connection Utilities (NCU) and some other
Newton connection apps don't work, especially when I boot from Mac OS 9
or fire up Classic, they apparently think my G3 doesn't have a serial
port, and so it doesn't let me select one. I could probably get around
this, but I don't really want to since whenever I want to use NCU boot
up my beige G3, or even my Macintosh Color Classic.

--
David Schlachter
Proud owner of a MP200 and and eMate 300