Re: [NTLK] Einstein Thoughts

From: Abraham Limpo Martínez (abraham_at_familialimpo.net)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 11:50:14 PST

Nokia 770, unfortunately, lacks enough RAM to run most applications
(sometimes even lacks RAM to run its own applications!), but the idea is
good, as the 770 is cheaper (I think) than the Zaurus.

> I think that a 770 with the Newton OS, or a re-implementation
> of the OS,
> would be wonderful. It's the right hardware platform to replace the
> MessagePad 2100, and it has the right core OS components to
> support an
> excellent OS. All it needs is the Newton platform...

And, you know, we can always develop our own platform. Gumstix
(http://www.gumstix.org/) sells development kits starting at 99$, altough
you will have to build your own interface for an LCD screen (not included in
the DK). Next generation of Gumsticks will be equiped with the PXA270, wich
have very useful features like an USB host port (enables the use of
keyboards, memory and other addons), embedded support for LCD screens with a
resolution up to 1024x768, audio, and up to 512Mb of addressable memory.