Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth unhappiness: Any advice?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 13:14:30 PST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth unhappiness: Any advice?
From: Eckhart_Köppen <eck1003 () gmx ! net>
Date: 2005-12-01 6:27:47

>On 1. Dec 2005, at 00:13, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
>
>> Naw, didn't do the backing up/brainwipe/restore thing yet. I mean, yo
>> bro', there's 750 kb on internal and 5 MB on the card and all
installs
>> are straight to card, so what gives...?! Should be enough space to
>> accommodate a meagre 1,2 MB.
>
>Hi,
>
>I think this might be rather not enough space on the card or
>internally than heap, the error message sounds like that.

Sorry, didn't get around to check on this up to now.
Internal: 728 K free
Card: 3985K free

Card-slip set to install all new items to card.

>Can you
>check in the In/Out Box preferences where the items are stored?

In/Out Prefs: "Always store new items internall" is *not* selected.

>Also,
>do you have some memory checking tool (which exactly I don't know)

Don't know, either. But I ran Soup Sweep twice and "recovered" over 400
bytes on Card.

>which could tell the real space, i.e. taking fragmentation into
>account?

PieChart maybe? Don't know what I could do with it, but whatever it
displays, it doesn't look very fragmented.

>And another test would be to try some really small items to
>see that it works at all.

Okay, I've moved John Charlton's new game. Transferred really sweet and
speedy, no prop. Tried to transfer a single 1 MB package, Newton aborts
after a while very cleanly and goes into a reboot. Same with a 2 MB
package, same with a batch of equally large packages. All attempts with
total size < available storage space. Usually the Newton restarted w/o
error message, once I got Newton Error 175.

Eckhart, that give you any clue?

Thanks,

'Kasko