Re: [NTLK] Emates and Power issues

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 04:04:42 PST

On Dec 21, 2005, at 2:40 AM, Tony Kan wrote:
> After leaving them for 2-3 days after being fully charged with no
> use, they
> seem to have difficulty coming to life, as if the batteries were
> stone dead.
> In fact, they won't come on at all until I plug them into the AC
> adapter and
> then they start from a boot. A message says that the machine
> restarted
> because all power was removed. <----snipped---->
>
> Any ideas on what the problem is?

.... interesting. Are you using a newly rebuilt or an old batter pack ?

You are probably aware of the incredible step by step documentation
to rebuild your eMate battery here:
http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html

.... the photos alone are worth writing home about <g> !

I am soon going to be rebuilding some eMate battery packs, or should
I say building new ones. Instead of all the soldering [which is a
fine solution, no quarrel with this] however I am looking into
purchasing a standard spring-loaded 4-AA-cell RadioShack battery
sled, to be so modified as to retain the thermister, switch, and
overload engineering. Have not had time yet but will be
experimenting with this approach. This way new NiMH batteries can be
replaced easily without any labor.

.... like this: http://tinyurl.com/cz5l5

John