Re: [NTLK] Newton prices..

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 20:30:20 PST

Frank Gruendel wrote:
>>$155.00 for an obsolete Newton?
>>Wow thats pricy!

not sure I have the quoting correct, but may I point out that just
because something is no longer manufactured does not mean that it is
obsolete. obsolete implys that it was replaced by something better, I
haven't seen anything better in a similar form factor. the powerbook and
the sony viao are both quite a bit larger and the wince / palm /
blackberry / etc are much smaller and more limited. ergo while no longer
produced methinks that 'obsolete' is the wrong word.

william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.