[NTLK] Names Data transfer

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 16:16:10 PST

In using TimeTrax on my 2100 I note that there does not _appear_ to
be any NAMES data being manipulated by TimeTrax. However it is
conceivable that the NAMES data has special links or hidden fields
which have been acted upon by TimeTrax when creating new entries,
etc., or links between TimeTrax files and NAMES data.

My question is, if I were to backup just the NAMES data from my 2100,
then restore it using the flash card to an eMate, then add or change
a Name on the eMate, then do a backup on the eMate, then restore the
NAMES data back to my 2100 would I loose anything?

Of course I can test this out after doing a few full backups on my
2100 in case I need to do a total restore, but theoretically can
anyone shed some light on my question?

The reason I ask is that the eMate of course has a built in keyboard
which for me is the handiest way to enter lots of typed info such as
new contacts into my NAMES data.

TIA, John