Re: [NTLK] eMate totaled. :'( How can I get the data?

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 09:46:21 PST

> In the three emails I have mailed I have just been looking
> for other options.

As I said in my last mail, I could help you two ways. You send
me the eMate, I put in a new display, salvage your data and put
the old display back in. I could then ship the eMate back, along with
a CD containing the backup, at your expense, and I would not
charge you anything for the work or the CD.
Since I am in Germany, shipping it back might be a bit on the
expensive side, like around 20 bucks or so.

The other option is that I keep the dead eMate for parts. In that case
I would send you the CD (or a 20MB card that's read-only in
eMates, if you prefer the backup on such a medium) free of charge.

That being said, if you live closer to the USA than to Germany,
you'd probably be better off taking Woody up on his offer.
He will (like myself) probably even be able to fix your eMate
and take care of the hinge spring problem while he's at it.

Cheers

Frank (con artist in disguise...)