Re: [NTLK] eMate totaled. :'( How can I get the data?

From: Gopi D Flaherty (gf2e_at_andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 17:11:35 PST

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Mr.Graziano wrote:
> Frank G. is a conartist. He wants to scam you.

A broken eMate is worth $10 or $15. The flash card he's offering is worth,
according to you, $10.

So, Frank might get $5 for doing the data recovery?

If that's your idea of a "scam", I wish more people would scam me like
that.

Even _if_ your initial figures were correct - and they're not - he'd be
getting _at_most_ $30 out of this transaction, which IMHO is a very
reasonable figure for doing this sort of work.

I think you owe Mr. Gruendel an apology for being so quick to attack him
before doing any actual research into the value of the items being
discussed.

> Only a lazy person would pay to have something as sinple as an eMate
> fixed. They are easier then fixing a PowerBook!

Please share with us; how many eMates have you fixed?

> Frank go scam people on Overstock not here!

Until you are appointed list manager, you do not speak for me, or for
anybody else on this list.

I, for one, appreciate Frank's contribution to the list, and to the Newton
community. I hope that he chooses to remain a member, and understands that
no matter how nice you are, there are always people who will find
something to complain about.